・ YBRS serves as a contract manufacturing organization to provide with candidate active pharmaceutical ingredients for uses in research and clinical investigations.
・ YBRS is committed to develop bio-technologies for production, particularly of recombinant active pharmaceutical ingredients.
･ YBRS welcomes companies overseas to join in the international co-operation for the development of bio-medical science, technology and market.
Aug.22, 2006. Establishment of Yokohama BioResearch and Supply Inc.
Apr. 10, 2007. Basic design of the main laboratory completed
Jul. 1, 2007. Start-up laboratory opened in Leading Venture Plaza,YSFP, Yokohama
Mar. 27, 2008. Basic design of the expanced main laboratory completed.
Mar. . 2008. Alliances made with Apro Life Science Institute, Inc. Tokushima, Protein Express Inc. Chiba, and AMBiS Corp. Okinawa, respectively for marketing, cell and gene technology and for large scale production.
Dec. . 2009 Kihara Memorial Yokohama Foundation for the Advancement of Life Sciences started to build a new GMPfacility "Yokohama Biopharmaceutical Research and Development Center (YBIRD)" for the technological research on and production of recombinant proteines for clinical trials, and called for its operating company . Ｗｉｔｈ ｃｏｍｐｅｔｉｔｉｖｅ application, YBRS was appointed as the managing- operating company.
April . 2011 In March 2011,the construction for the GMP facility, Yokohama Biophamaceutical Research and Development Center (YBIRD) was completed, and from April 2011, YBRS started to operate it. (For details of YBIRD, readers are requesuted to consult the home page of KIhara Memorial yokohama Foundation for the Advancement of Life Sciences(www.kihara.or.jp)
Capital: 130,000,000Yen as of Feb. 28, 2014
1. Contract production of recombinant proteins from already established recombinant micro-organisms or cultured mammalian cells. While our most familiar organisms are recombinant E.coli and CHO cells, other organisms will be considered.
2. Contract production of recombinant proteins from already cloned genes and plasmids, and yet recombinant production systems to be established. A recombinant system using E.coli suitable for industrial production is in our hand and available.
3. Contract researches and consultation to solve specific problems in the industrial production of candidate biopharmaceuticals.
4. Contract researches for technological R&D including those lead by the goverment.
1. For the technological development, small scale production, and purification of recombinant proteins for research uses 5 to 90 liter jar fermentors in a P2 or a LS2 laboratory.
2. For the preparation of microbial seed stocks and master cell banks using a GMP controlled P2 laboratory.
3. For the production and purification of recombinant proteins suitable for safety studies and clinical studies. Lines of culture vessels and purification instruments are installed in tow separate sets of ＧＭＰ controlled P2 and LS1 laboratories, one with upto a 300 liter jar fermentorfor microbial use, and the other with upto 500 liter single use culture vessels for mammalian cell cultures- resepectively.
*Facilities are located either in YBIRD or partner's companies, both of which are operated or managed by YBRS.
1. GMP controlling technologies and experiences with international standard for the production of active ingredient for investigational new drugs.
2. Molecular biological technologies including cloning genes in plasmid, formation of recombinant organisms, and facilities to pursue them.
3. Technologies of cultivation and downstream processing for high quality recombinant proteins and facilities to pursue them.
Taimei KASE, President
being educated in pharmacology, and having developed his career as a
medical researcher and business manager in Sankyo Company, Ltd., and then to steer a whole chemical company in Kishi Kasei Co. Ltd.. He has been
steering YBRS in 2014.
Toshiharu MATSUMURA, Ph.D. Executive Director & CRO
With his backgound in biochemistry, and having enjoyed academic career for twenty years in Univ., Univ. of Tokyo, Stanford Univ. and others, he joined in Meiji Milk Products Co. Ltd. There he lead a new biopharmaceutical project from its molecular genetic stage to successful GMP production. Then, he was invited to Roman Industry Co. Ltd, for the production technologies of candidate biopharmaceuticals. In 2007, he joined in YBRS as an adjunct member, and since 2010 he hasbeen leading scientific part of YBRS.
Yasuaki KASE, Licenced Pharmacist, Executive Director
& Corporate Adviser After being educated in pharmacology, and having developed his career as a medical researcher and business manager for almost twenty years in Shionogi Pharmaceutical Co., he was invited to drive R&D projects in Nichi-Iko (pharmaceutical company), and then to steer a whole pharmaceutical company in Roman Insdutry Co. Ltd. With his rich exeprience and human relationship, he founded YBRS in 2006 and have been steering it since then.
Mitsuo FUJINAMI, MA, Auditor
Being educated in Keio University Graduate School of Economy, and after having spent his first bussiness career in his family business, he joined in Japan Associated Finance Corporation, which was the first venture capital established in Japan. His capability in accounting business flourished since then, leading him to found a financing company by himself. His contribution in YBRS is not only as an auditor, but is highly appreciated as a financial adviser.
Address: Office: Yokohama Bio Industry Center, 1-6 Suehiro-cho, Tsurumi-ku, Yokohama 230-0045
E-mail: email@example.com Public transportation: 15 min. Public Bus drive from Tsurumi Stn, JR Tsurumi line Free way access: Ten min. drive from Namamugi ramp or Shioiri ramp, Metropolitan-express way